April 27, 2020
Closing Facilities & Programs
As most are aware, Governor Little released his phased plan for opening Idaho last week and will announce what phase we are going into on April 30, 2020. Unfortunately, gyms and recreational facilities are to remain closed in phase one of the plan. Therefore, the Jerome Recreation Center & Programs will continue to remain closed through phase one (if it begins on time) and hope to open on May 16, 2020. The District has been working on plans as to how we can comply with standards set in phase 2 and hope that things will evolve on schedule. However, please be aware that the phased plan is a condition based plan and that dates are subject to change at the Governor’s and health care professional’s discretion.
Should you have questions or need to speak to a staff member, please call (208) 324-3389 and select the appropriate extension or go to our webpage at www.jeromerecreationdistrict.com to access email information for any staff member.
Memberships & Automatic Withdrawals & EFT’s
Memberships will automatically be extended for the number of days we have been closed.
EFT’s and automatic withdrawals will not be taken in May.
Other Affected Facilities
The Jerome Recreation District will continue to deliver essential services to operate and maintain local JRD parks during the COVID-19 pandemic, though services will be managed to protect resident and employee health. Previous guidelines will remain in effect through April 30, 2020 at which point we will examine State & CDC guidelines to determine the next steps.
Other Program Announcements & Pool Season
We hope to gain a clearer picture from policy makers as to what restrictions on social distancing will mean going forward for recreational programs. We continue to plan for summer programs but we have little certainty at this point. We hope to be able to provide some clarity by May 1, 2020 and we will announce information as we get it.
Wellness Opportunities in the Interim
We continue to plan for summer programs but we have little certainty at this point. We are waiting on group size and social distancing requirements to determine when and what things can go forward. We hope to be able to provide some clarity by May 1, 2020 and we will announce information as we get it.
Gary Warr, Director
Jerome Recreation District